USN BEDFORD CORD 37J1 Jacket by Cockpit USA
Item # Z26X038
The precursor to the famed G-1, and J-1 flight jackets, the USN 37-J-1 was the first USN jacket issued to pilots as early as the 1920s, and into the 30s. Generally constructed of khaki cotton twill, or olive tinted Bedford cord cotton; navy pilots wore these jackets in open cockpit aircraft during the earliest days of the aircraft carrier. The Bedford Cord weave originated in England and because of its ridges it resembles corduroy fabric. The military renamed the fabric "Jungle Cloth" and was used by the U.S Navy during WWII. The 37-J-1 JACKET lasted through the earliest days of WWII.
• Crafted from 100% Bedford Cord cotton
• Lightweight breathable camo lining
• USN stencil on the left chest
• Two front flap pockets
• Side entry pockets
• Two inside pockets
• Knit cuffs, collar, and waistband
• This is a regular fit jacket
• Available in olive
• Machine wash warm, tumble dry low
• Proudly made in the USA.