WWII US Navy Landing Ship Tank (LST) sterling silver sweetheart pin of the LST 157. The pin is 2 _ inches wide. LST-157 was laid down on 25 June 1942 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 31 October 1942; sponsored by Mrs. DeWitt C. Redgrave, Jr.; and commissioned on 10 February 1943.
During World War II, LST-157 served in the European and participated in the following operations :
Sicilian occupation�July 1943
Salerno landings�September 1943
Invasion of Normandy�June 1944
Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 9 December 1944 and transferred to the United Kingdom. She was returned to the custody of the United States Navy on 11 April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 5 June 1946. On 5 December 1947, she was sold to Bosey, Philippines. LST-157 earned three battle stars for World War II